Monday, March 21, 2016

Ballin it up in P-Town

This week was pretty exciting. To start things off, we had a really cool activity with a local school where they used our parking lot to play different sports in front of their parents and city officials. There was a lot of kids and the mayor even came. Our bishop being the stud he is even gave the mayor a book of mormon so will see how that goes. But anyway, they had us missionaries help set up everything and even though we were american, they had us help raise the italian flag ha. I guess we have been acceppted into the culture. Then they had anziano chilvers and I do a demenstration in basketball which was super funny because we just shot the ball and did dunks on their little hoops haha but they loved it. 
We also had a lot of success this week with all of our investigators. We are working really hard on helping all of them progress and be baptized. We had some fun lessons with Hillary and really just all of our investigators for Palermo 3. I love that ward a ton and it makes me excited to be here. We met with a less active sister who hasn't been to church in 20 years but she is the nicest lady ever. We really want to start teaching her two boys but will see what happens. 
In other news, it looks like we will be getting some african clothes haha, they have some pretty nice stuff so I'll have to send pics when we get them. I also had to play the piano in church this week and it was an experience. Sorella holiday usually plays but she got transferred. I honestly probably played the best I ever have for the opening hymns and then just crashed and burned during the last two haha. The lesson is to listen to your mom when she wants you to practice playing those church hymns. I'll get better though, the mission is incredible and I can't wait to see the miracles that we have this next week!
Vi voglio bene

Anziano Whiting

Here's us at the activity

Our district before transfers

Zone Calcio

No comments:

Post a Comment