Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

This week was really fun! We started out with a zone conference all the way in Catania with all the missionaries from Sicily. We spent the night and it was a packed house ha. The conference went really well and I enjoyed all the things that we learned. I also liked being able to see Catania again, I've pretty much done every conference in Catania so I really know the city now. There was a bunch of anziani who bore their testimonies because they are going home this next transfer and they were incredible. We also had the senior couple who is leaving bare their testimonies and it was just amazing to see how two years of a mission and even a life time in the gospel can impact who you are. 
We got back to Palermo and we got to meet with the bishops from both wards and spend time with their families which was really cool. I love both of the bishops and their families. Instead of dropping us off, one of the bishops drove us to one of his friends houses and we taught him a lesson. He's a pretty swag member missionary. An amazing miracle also happened with another one of our investigators. Boatang was the guy who was waiting to get married and he found a job! We had prayed a lot for him and he found one! It's in Venice which means we won't be able to see him but I trust the missionaries there and am glad that God blessed him even if it wasn't how we had wanted it to happen. 
We had another deep cleaning day today so that was a blast. Our house looks pretty nice and I feel like I might even be comfortable having my mother come in it ha. For easter we got to eat with a single sister and her mom with Alzheimers who always asked us where her daughter was ha. She did make us some really nice food and I love the members here. I'll definitely miss our boy boatang but we have a lot of other really good investigators that Anziano Chilvers and I are excited for. My mission has been really rewarding and I'm loving every second of it. I would caution anyone who is considering going on a mission to definitely choose to serve.
Vi voglio bene

Anziano Whiting

Matching Family Ties

My boy Boatang and his wife and kid

Some tasty bacon things we had at a ward party

No comments:

Post a Comment