Thursday, May 19, 2016

Letter from President Mannino

Hello Whiting Family,

I would like to write you a few notes just to let you know how much appreciated is your son Elder Whiting's missionary service here in Italy, and more specifically in Palermo 3 (the Branch where I'm currently presiding as local leader).

From the very first time I met your son, I noticed great gentle manners in him. I still remembered the first time he came to my home (I have a little office in my home where sometimes we hold weekly PEC). As the "new" guest, I gave him some water first. He did not take it, but rather he gave/served the water to all the others and then he got water for himself at the very end. He takes off the shoes when he comes to our home and even helps to clear the table after dinners/church refreshments.

Your son is doing an excellent job in Palermo 3. He and Elder Chilvers brought back 3 outstanding LDS members (Melchizedek holders) to Church (to be honest, we even did not know they were around) and are really doing an amazing work with Rita's family whose young daughter Irene is going to be baptized this weekend.

Elder Whiting and Elder Chilvers did some very distinguished work for a relevant public school/sports event which took place in our Church building some weeks ago, in the presence of Palermo Local Council Mayor and other local public Authorities.

More importantly, Elder Whiting is always with a beautiful smile, good attitude, very proactive and is a great problem solver. He can identify very well where the problem lies and tries to find appropriate solutions. For instance, he has become our "official" Sacrament Meeting Pianist and he has learned to make "cheesecake" which is one of my very favorite desserts!!!

I'm sure that many of Elder Whiting's qualities are his own, but I'm also sure that  many of his qualities come from the teachings, love and care of you, his own family. Thank you very much for that!

Again, your son is truly devoting himself to the "good" cause and he is a wonderful person. You can really be proud of him.

Sincererly yours,

Cristian Mannino


No comments:

Post a Comment