Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Una Settimana Piu alla MTC!!!!

The sentence above just means I have one more week at the mtc and then I'll be in Italy! So this past week has actually been really fun. I watched a really cool devotional sunday night given by Holland almost 10 years ago. He talked a lot about how we need to be a missionary our whole lives and not just on the mission. And then also the importance of submitting ourselves to God's will which is really vital for someone like me who is trying to become a missionary everyday. We got to skype with an actual italian this last week for trc and it was sweet. He enjoyed our message and gave us some good tips. On monday, my zone also got to host the elderly couples that are coming in and get them ready to serve on their missions. I met a couple from Star Valley and even ate dinner with them when I saw them sitting by us in the cafeteria. They're going to the Brazil MTC to be the medical professionals so that'll be fun for them.
This week I also got as close to a girl as I've been in 6 weeks, ha we were playing volleyball and someone hit it long and I ran for the ball and hit it (perfect set) and just demolished the girl. I felt so bad since I did not see her at all. On well. I've been able to see a lot of close friends which has been really cool to see that my friends are making the same decision to serve the lord on missions. 
We got flight plans this week and my group takes off at 6 to go to the airport and then its a direct flight to italy. Its the first time they have had a direct flight to italy for the missionaries so I feel really blessed. My companion is also the travel leader so he gets to try and corral all of us onto a plane. We saw some baptisms in the ocean in areas of the rome mission so I am totally stocked.
Anyway love you guys 
Ciao
Com amore
Anziano Whiting

PS I might get an extra P-day saturday because I'll miss mine next week since I'll be on a plane. And in Italy the missionaries write home on mondays not wednesdays.


No comments:

Post a Comment