Monday, November 23, 2015

Italia

What a great week it has been! So we have seen a lot of progress in Marco and in Samuele over this past week. We have really been stressing with marco that he needs to take the next steps in life and be baptized. We gave him a bap date for december 5th and he has been praying and praying about it and Anziano Rosch and I both think he has been ready to be baptized for a long time he just hasn't realized his answer but we think he might have finally found it. Samuele is a bro and he loves meeting with us. We teach him a commandment and he just agrees to follow it and asks when he can come learn with us again. He just has to come to church and he'll be ready. We have been dropping a lot of investigators recently and looking for new ones to change up the investigator pool we have. 
This last week our phone sim card broke on tuesday so we have been without a phone for almost a week which makes getting lessons set up and finding members to go to lessons a lot harder but we were able to work through it. We also went to the questura today so I should get my documents pretty quick and not be illegal anymore lol. There was specialized training with the zone on friday and it was really good. I love seeing all the missionaries from around the mission and getting to hear about the work all throughout Sicily. 
Stake Conference was on Yesterday in Siracusa, so we went down with a member family and literally everyone talked about keeping the sabbath day holy. It is a major problem in italy since work is so hard for everyone to find and you don't get to choose the hours you work very often. We heard cool stories about how different people have been blessed by observing the sabbath day and I have seen these blessings in my own life. All throughout the week you get bombarded with the strains of the world and then to have one day where you just think about Christ and all he did for us has always been a nice recharge for me. And now it's like everyday is sunday lol. But thats just being a missionary.
Thanksgiving is this week and Italy doesn't really celebrate that but Anziano Rusch and I bought a little turkey that we will make to stay patriotic!
I love and pray for all of you!
Vi amo 

Anziano Whiting

Here's us with the fax machine at the church that we call people with.

My family sent me a birthday package and a Christmas package and the Christmas package got here first, so I decided to open the Christmas package for my birthday and save the birthday package for Christmas.  Sorry Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment