Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving

We had another incredible week and I am really thankful for all the blessings we have had. First off, we got a working phone!!! Haha it makes missionary work so much easier it's not even funny. And then we also had a huge thanksgiving lunch with the sisters on thursday. It was really yummy, we made a turkey (it was really a chicken) and mashed potatoes and all the stuff I would have for thanksgiving at home. And the house didn't burn down when we made the turkey, that was a miracle in itself. We had no clue on how to cook it so we just kind of seasoned it and throw it in the oven. We're still alive so I'm guessing we didn't do too bad. Oh and we did get marco to agree to a bap date, it has to be on the 19th of december since he has work on the other saturdays but he is a stud.
We also have seen a ton of success finding these past couple days. We go to houses and push the buttons and ask people if they want to talk about Jesus and I love it lol. We found this guy named giuseppe and he is super interested in the book of mormon and we are teaching him now and gave him a bap date for janurary. And even last night we found an elderly couple that wants to read the book of mormon and pray about it to. When you can tell someone to not take our word for it and to go ask god, it really changes how people think about things. Because if god really is there, and he really does love us, he will respond. I know that because I have done it and recieved answers to my prayers. I have also seen what a blessing the book of mormon is in our lives over the past couple days and I love it so much. I know it is the word of god and I get to tell people that every single day. 
One problem a lot of people have here is thinking you just have to have your own religion and then you're fine. Just believe in christ and you will be saved. But all throughout the bible there was one church and christ always condemeded the people that weren't preaching his gospel. That doesn't means they are all necessarily bad people, just that they don't have all the truth. With the book of mormon we can have all the truth and I challenge everyone to read it and ask god if it is true, because if we do have a heavenly father who loves us, he will not lie to us. I know that and I hope you all have a wonderful week,
vi amo

Anziano Whiting

Here's the lunch

and the turkey

and us freezing because sometimes there's crazy rain storms every once in awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment