Monday, February 15, 2016

Palermo, Italia

This week was really crazy but also lots of fun. So yesterday really had all the drama ha we have an investigator named Rita who needed to do a baptismal interview with the stake president who lives in Siracusa which is on the other side of Sicily but he was going to be in Palermo for 2 days to set a missionary apart from our ward. The missionaries name is Lorenzo and he's going to France. And so we had to go on an adventure throughout Palermo trying to get Rita from work all the way to the church to do the interview. Ha I had the cool experience of being able to translate for the interview and Rita is a wonderful person. Her sons were baptized the week before I got here and now it's her turn and she's really excited. 
I also got to do a scambio this week with Anziano Palazzo who trained my trainer. It was a pretty cool experience since I heard a lot about serving with Palazzo from Anz Martin. We went to Palermo 1 which is the nicer side of town and had a lot of fun. He also has a football so today for P-day we played football and it was crazy. My team was me and a bunch of Italians and we had a lot of fun. Maybe football will catch on over here eventually. My favorite play of the whole day was when this 4 foot nothing italian girl was wide open in the end zone and I just threw it across the field to here and she caught it like it was nothing. 
We have a good amount of other investigators that we are seeing a lot of progress with. Godfred had a great lesson about the law of chastity this week and he accepted it like it was nothing, but he really struggles with coming to church which is what we are working with everyone on doing. Our mission president challenged all the missionaries to read the book of mormon before the start of may and I've really enjoyed reading the book of mormon again. I've read it a couple times and even just barely finished it but am still excited to read it over again and invite you all to read it for yourselves. On of my favorite quotes comes from William Sheffield who was talking about the Joseph Smith story along with the book of mormon and said "It's more disney than disney". So if you're into disney at all, you'll love the book of mormon!
Vi voglio bene

Anziano Whiting

This is where we played football

The church --  there aren't very many stand alone churches in Italy and I've got to serve in two of them already

No comments:

Post a Comment