Monday, February 8, 2016

Palermo

So I made it to Palermo and it is suppeerrr awesome, but I'll start with the first half of the week. So in Rome we talked with a lot of cool people and helped a bunch of missionaries get ready for transfers last thursday. i stayed with Anziano Simmons (he served in Palermo 2 for awhile so we talked a lot) and Anziano Jacob who will stay in Rome and train new missionary. Getting ready for transfers was really crazy because we had to go pick up elders and transport luggage and everything. I've always just been hidden in Sicily which makes it a lot easier for me ha. We had some cool appointments and hopefully the work is booming with those guys. 
Then I took the train ride back down to Palermo and it was pretty cool for doing it twice in one week. Palermo is really cool and a lot hotter than Rome and Ragusa since it's right by the ocean. I'm with Anziano Chilvers whose from Rhode Island and my mtc group. We are in charge of two wards, palermo 2 and palermo 3. Palermo 2 is an italian ward that accounts for about half of palermo and then palermo 3 is the international branch that is for everyone who speaks english so really just all the africans. Both wards are super nice and we had a party after church for a missionary who is leaving to france this week.
The investigators here are all pretty swag. We have this guy named Godfred who is 20 and we taught him the word of wisdom last week. The lesson was super good and my comp bore a crazy strong testimony that about made me cry but I held it in. Church was fun and I've started to lose my ability to pray in english which is kinda funny since we only ever pray now in italian and then pidgeon english ha. That'll be fun when i get home. 
Anyway I love the work and everything is going wonderful here in Sicily!
Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Whiting

Here's a picture of Palermo 2.  I'm not in it cause I took it.
We went inside a famous opera house in Palermo with Lorenzo who is leaving on his mission and the two anziani from Bagheria. 

No comments:

Post a Comment