Monday, February 1, 2016

When in Rome...

Ha this last week was really crazy and I don't even know where to start. At the beginning of the week we had some nice lessons with Giuseppe and Samuele. Both of them are looking super solid and are going to get baptized in the next month. I'm super excited for both of them. And so about Thursday morning pres gives us a call and let's me know I need to get up to Catania that night and ride in a car with anz Toronto to Rome by Saturday morning. He said I was going to be serving in Rome and I was super stocked ha. So we ran home and got packed and I said as many goodbyes as I could. We got up to Catania and then Anziano Toronto and I drove up all Friday to get to Rome. It was really cool and all of Italy is beautiful.
Ha best part is, Saturday morning pres called and says my call is actually being switched to Palermo 2... So I get to go back to Sicily with all the other missionaries getting transferred on Thursday. But I get to stay in Rome for this week and see a lot of the sites which should be pretty cool. I probably won't be able to reply to too many people this week or send a lot of pictures but I can write in Palermo next week. We are running around and seeing different places in Rome.
I will serve with Anziano chilvers who is from my mtc group and its going to be a lot of fun.
I would just like to bare my testimony that I know God knows exactly where I need to be. A lot of people could criticize how pres is had me come up to Rome and now go back to Sicily and have Ragusa lose a weeks worth of work, but I've already seen a lot of miracles here in Rome 6 (the elders I'm with for this week) they didn't really have any work and so I've been trying really hard to give all that I have with this little time here in Rome. And I also might not get to serve in Rome so it's nice to be here for at least a week. Thank you all for the gifts and stuff you guys sent in because I was finally able to get it this week ha that's something nice about Rome. And I can't wait to head down to Palermo this week! I'm going to miss Anziano Rusch and everyone from Ragusa but I feel like I did the work we needed in Ragusa and now it's time for Rome and Palermo!
Vi voglio bene,
Anziano Whiting


Sent from my iPad


No comments:

Post a Comment