Monday, February 29, 2016

Rita's Baptism

So this week was super great and we got a lot done. Rita's baptism went really well, literally everyone came 30 minutes late (even Rita :) but it went well. Anziano Chilvers baptized her and she had me give a talk on baptism so that was cool. It was my first talk in Italy and it was in english ha. She bore her testimony after and it was really lively lol. I love africans so much. I feel so blessed to have been a part of there families conversion story and am glad to see them coming closer to God. Boatang O'Neal is another investigator we have who is really close to baptism, he has to get married to his wife but it looks like he will be able to do that in maybe the next month. He's funny because he looks exactly like a smaller version of Shaquille O'Neal who played in the NBA.
We had a scambio in Mistretta this week and it was really fun. I was with Anziano Dunn who just barely started his mission and we had some great lessons. Mistretta is a tiny town on top of a mountain. So a lot like Ragusa just a lot smaller than Ragusa. We got to eat with a blind member who was a chef and it was pretty good. There's also a senior couple in Mistretta named the Wartles and they are just the coolest. I totally want to come back to Italy as a senior missionary.
In priesthood there was a funny point when the elders quorum leader wrote on the board that satan is a big liar and everyone started laughing. I just have to say that I love P3 sacrament meetings ha. Today we have zone calcio so I'm pretty excited. I get to break out that hot pink palermo jersey, but anyway, I'm doing incredible and hope everyone is noticing God's hand in their lives!
Vi voglio bene!

Anziano Whiting

Here's Rita and her family (except for the baby girl)

Anziano Chilvers and I

Mistretta

No comments:

Post a Comment